New iPhone Model for the Holiday Season?
I have read several (1 / 2 / 3) posts recently discussing/predicting a new iPhone for the holiday season. While this seems totally reasonable, Apple should think long and hard about how and when they move forward with the next iPhone announcement (whatever it is).
Do you have any idea what would happen if Apple released a 16 GB iPhone with 3G support this year? Oh crap -- I hate even bring it up. The blog posts and comments we can expect to see after the announcement will go something like this:
- I want the new model, but I am going to wait two months for the price drop.
- I told you suckers not to buy an iPhone... stupid fanboys.
- I am going to wait for the third version.
- A new model already? Why didn't they just include these features in the current iPhone. See, the early adopter gets burned again.
- What? Still no ****?!? (plug anything in here: Sprint / 5 megapixel camera / GPS / Taser).
- The "I told you so" posts of all shapes and sizes.
- I am never going to buy an Apple product again.
- Why would Steve do this to us?
- Endless strategies for getting money back from Apple.
- Yeah, but can I still unlock it? I heart T-mobile so much.
- I am going to buy a Zune.
So there it is. APPLE! Are you listening? Please, do us all a favor and hold back on the next iPhone for at least 10 months. Let the early adopters enjoy their phones and $100 gift card for a little while. Perhaps you could spend some time working on the software updates we heard so much about. You could also give a little more thought to supporting 3rd party software so we don't have to hack the device to add functionality.